Owner and CEO of Luxury Property Turkey offers the following tips and sound advice for potential investors in the real estate market of Turkey
- Stay local. Local agents know the area that they live in. They are close to sellers and have better access to better properties.
- Choose an agent who specialises in the type of property you wish to buy or sell.
- Select a website that offers a good number of options close to your requirements. What we especially like about www.luxurypropertyturkey.com is that they operate exclusively in the luxury sector of the Bodrum, Turkey specializing in the villa real estate market and have plenty of superb luxury villas especially in the premier Bodrum villa resort of Yalikavak.
- Our sister website and company, www.bodrumpropertyturkey.com has a focus purely on value properties. We have the expertise and ability to source excellent apartments and small villas in great locations, all with individual, attractive attributes. Our claim is ‘we have done the research for you’ and that certainly seems the case and is evident with the listings and sales turnover.
- What is evident is that both websites and our staff have a commitment to accuracy. Numerous times we hear from buyers themselves how they get tired of spending hours searching on the internet to create a shortlist of potential options to view only to discover the property has sold, the price is wrong or even the listing was created just as a selling ‘hook’, or to populate a website’s listings.
- When selecting an agent for Bodrum, Turkey ask for references from the agent with direct contact to clients who have either bought or sold their villa or apartment from them and learn of their experiences firsthand.
- If you are selling a luxury villa or a smart apartment, select an agent who is local but with an international reach who is active on the international portals and knows how to get your property prominent on the internet.
- Always make sure the agent has experience in selling properties like your own in Bodrum and Yalikavak, Turkey.
- Choose an agent whose listings are displayed properly, those which are appealing on website adverts, use of professional photographs and whose descriptions are accurate and relevant, a good agent will invest in effective marketing.
by Darren Edwards